Sunday, August 2, 2009

Introduction to the Yahoo Store Insider


Welcome to Yahoo Store Insider, the blog. If you've come here in search of sage wisdom from a man who's been building Yahoo Store's for decades and wrote the book on SEO...better turn around and run in the other direction. That's not me.

I'm new to the e-commerce game and Yahoo Stores. My wife and I opened the doors of our first Yahoo Store three months ago. We're doing well building our business and have no allusions about what it takes to launch and operate a successful business. In the last few days, we've started to hit our stride. We're starting to show up on page one of Google for some of the 2nd tier keywords we've been targeting. Traffic has multiplied by 10 in the past week.

If I'd been more forward thinking, I would have starting chronicling this adventure from the very beginning. It didn't occur to me that I would learn so much of value. I didn't understand how undocumented the Yahoo Store "language" RTML is and hard it is to find free information because so many people want to sell their services to you. I didn't understand the SEO game either. Five months ago, I was pretty naive.

I've learned and it's time to share that education. So keep an eye out and I'll be filling you in on some of the ins-and-outs of Yahoo Store ownership.

If you want to see the fruits of my labor, check out Your Museum Store. Today I'd like to refer you to an excellent starter video from 1Choice4YourStore that offers an introduction to the Yahoo Store Editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment